Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter is not about Webkinz


Nonigirl wanted the Easter Bunny to feel welcomed when he stopped by our house...she laughed when she saw what she had written and assured me that he would know who she was talking about.











Easter Morning with Chookie, Treatums, and Nonigirl. They seemed to be happy with what the Easter Bunny brought them,Webkinz for the girls and a monster truck for the boy.



Apparently, even Sweets was good enough to receive some treats.







Little Dude was looking pretty sweet in his new threads. This was after church. We have late church, so it was a bit challenging to get these kids to hold still for some shots, let alone keep their shoes on!

































Easter was pretty peaceful and I must say, I really enjoyed the whole day. I taught a lesson in Relief Society on The Book of Mormon. It was a great lesson for me to prepare and I learned a lot from it, as I always do. It was on how The Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion, and how it holds this Gospel together. It's a great gift that we as mankind have received and it is amazing to me how this book came directly from writer to reader in just one inspired step of translation. Therefore, making the testimony of our Lord even more powerful since it is undiluted. Even more than this though, it teaches in plain and unmistakable terms the divinity of our Savior, His miraculous birth, His perfect life, and the reality of His glorious resurrection; which is truly what Easter is about.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh I love the sign for the Esater Bunny. And I am glad he is more friendly than those "kill you in your sleep" leprachauns. Your kids look super cute, and speaking of kids spelling things wrong, Daisy wrote a lovely song about "moon cake" the other day. I don't know what moon cake is, but that isn't why it was so cool, it was cool because it wasn't moon cake she spelled rather, "moon CACK". Usually I just try to sound them out how she meant, but we all couldn't help but laugh at moon cack. Luckily she laughed a moon cack too. I hope the Esater bunny brought you guys some yummy moon cack!!

Lover of Sweets said...

Eeew. Have you ever tried Moon Cakes? I bought a whole box of them (and oh I just remembered they are Moon PIES) at Costco one time...we all hated them so badly that we just gave the entire box to our little Mexican neighbor. She thought they were delicious!
I love cool made-up kid songs. Maybe you can sing "Moon Cack" sometime.

Perla said...

I love to hear your testimony! Thanks! I also love Treatums and his trucks. I'll have to show the girls the pics of new webkinz tomorrow. They'll love it!

Nancy said...

So, I keeep hearing Webkinz are the favorite toys for your kids. What the heck are webkinz?/ How can I not know with similar aged kids? Is it best I keep them in the dark, or is it the perfect thing for Daisy's b-day??