Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to School

Aaaahhhh...the first day of school. I remember when I was a little girl and how excited I was to go school shopping with my mom. My mom always tried her best to accommodate me with the latest styles, unfortunately her secret wish for me to be her twin always won out. Inevitably, there were always a few days when I could be mistaken for my mom. We had the same short hair and glasses. It was very common for my glasses to be broken; being held by a rather large chunk of dried out glue. I will have to experiment with my scanner today so that you may see first-hand what I am talking about.
Thus, it is my mental rule for my kids to be happy with what they look like when they skip off to school. I KNOW, it's not a fashion show and they should be grateful that they even have clothes! Blah blah blah, I say my kids are gonna look cute if it kills me!
I mean, look at this little dude! How happy do you think he was when he picked out this green shirt (his favorite color because of John Deere) with a front- end loader on the front? Very happy indeed!

6 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

fashion plates all!

Jana said...

You have some very stylin' chillrun.

Kass said...

Your whole family always looks soooo cute! I love that Gordy picked out his own John Deere Green t shirt w/ frontloader screenprint! Your girls. . .adorable. Is Nick too old for first-day-of-school pictures? I

Perla said...

so so cute! did you take little dude to the monster truck show?

Catherina said...

Too cute! I just love your girls sense of style! They really are quite trendy:-) Sequin belts and all:-) he he he. Love it!

Mugsy said...

O how I love that your moms secret wish was to have you both be twins! Man alive those little neices and nephews of mine are dang cute!!