Wednesday, September 30, 2009

BACKPACKING!


...And now for your blogging pleasure...a rundown of my first backpacking experience.

But first! May I just say that we truly missed all of our little friends out there in the elements. Initially, the plan was to go with some of our dear friends, but then strangely enough they just started dropping off like "flies on the windscreen"...to quote Depeche Mode. First it was like"Yeah! We can't WAIT to go!" And then it turned into: tickets to important football games and crazy print jobs and having babies and no babysitters and " Oh, my husband doesn't like the outdoors" (WHAT!?)

However, after reading this post, I believe with all of my heart that I will be the envy of all who know me. And hopefully the pictures will bring to life how much you need to be out there with your sweet lovin' spouse. Oh, BTW, we ended up in Paria Canyon after all. Sweets was able to work his Jedi mind tricks on a ranger who held a couple of permits for us to pick up. Pretty sweet since old Sweets wasn't all that excited about going to Coyote Gulch for the 3rd time this year.

Here we go then...here's us with adventure written all over our faces:
While picking up our permits we found out that there had been a flood the week before. Funny, since the guy that Sweets talked to over the phone said that it would "probably be pretty dry up there in those parts."
Pretty dry looking right?
Wrong! Notice what's behind me?
Yeah, he can't believe it either.
I call this one "Contemplating the Conditions".
I'll just strike a pose by this cool rock formation in the middle of the canyon instead.
I decided that Sweets is even sexier out in nature...all dirty and sweaty.
Look how happy he is in the freezing cold water! I'm lovin' that nice mud trail behind him too.
Here's a reminder of how much of a man my man is...carrying BOTH packs! He wanted to make sure I could get across without getting mine wet. It wasn't a good sign when he went in without the packs and was actually treading water in some parts!

Hmmm...strategizing naked (almost).
Lots of arm-length pictures.Even in his leg hair...Sweets likes to show me how much he cares....awwww;)



A bit of first-hand documentation by the Sweets on the conditions
Views from our beautiful camping area...crazy how you can see where the flood happened in this one just aboveLittle does he know he's being stalked from above...MUAHAHAHA!!!
Oh man! backpacking-bed-head is the worst!
I hope you will enjoy this sequence of events...Waa! Now I'm almost naked and cold too!

Kind of blurry, but I'm sure you get the picture (pun intended)...
Sweets convinced me on the way out that it would be a good idea to have sherpa feet for my comfort and protectionOf course I was more concerned with looking cute and stylish!I was seriously fascinated by the giant mud shavings!
Here we are at almost the end of our journey (a nice old guy who apologized to me for not having his teeth in took this one for us, bless him)...
Let's hear it for team Sweets!
How's about a good dusty backpacking kiss? Okay.The End.


9 comments:

Vivi said...

THAT TRIP WAS MEANT TO BE...THE TWO OF YOU ALONE. I HAVE A SNEAKY FEELING THAT ''OLD SWEETS'' DID A JEDI ON THIS ONE TOO....HMMMMM YEAP I THINK SO!!!!

GREAT PICTURES...WHAT AN ADVENTURE TO ADD TO THE MYRIAD OF MORE ADVENTURES TO HAPPEN WITH THE SWEETS AND THE SHILLAS.........

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

BTW....IT WAS A PLEASURE STAYING WITH THE MUNCHKINS...THEY SURE ARE ADORABLE...EVEN IF THEY BLAME EVERYTHING ON THE POOR CAT! LOL

VIVI

Minwimm said...

Looks like fun?! Never been but looking forward to the next one, i think.

Amy said...

Oh I loved, loved this blog. Your pictures are great. I think my favorite one is the mud curls with the back of your legs in socks, I just liked it. I would so love to go on such an adventure. Alan has been trying to make it happen now for two years so I have got to get with it and help make the plan. I am so happy my little Chrissy poo has found his true love!!!!

Ashley said...

Oh hooray! Pri is back! Haven't seen you around the blogging world for a while.=) Love the pics.

Mugsy said...

i am so stinkin jealous! That looks like such a cool place to be. And Josh and I love back packing. You look super sexy in your bikini trudging through the muddy waters. That is all that matters right? And Chris is all man for sure. i like that brother of mine. Mostly I like that he has you though!

Perla said...

looks fantabulous.

Ogden High said...

Yea, now you know the coolness of backpacking. We definitely have to go in the spring. Ask Chris about Grand Gulch I have heard it has tons of ruins.

That was awesome and I loved those pictures! There is nothing like those red rocks.

Holly said...

What a fabulous post. I loved the photos. Sweets is lucky his wife wants to go backpacking with him! Glad you didn't get flooded out while you were in the canyon!

Political Oyster said...

You are the envy of me...well maybe all that mud and cold water. Miss you too.