We have the only living pixie here on earth, we like to call her Chookie. She acquired this name when we were on our fun trip to Disneyland in 2005. Sweets and I had bought her a little board book by Eric Carle named Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you See? (I remember distinctly buying that little book for her at a bookstore in West Yellowstone when she was about 2). Anyway, Chookie knew this book inside and out and sometimes she would read it to us. One night on our trip she read it to us in our hotel room. It went like this "Chookalotta, Chookalotta, what do you see?" From there on we called her Chookie, short for Chookalotta.
To see Chookie is to meet a pixie in person (or small mischievous elf). She resembles one of these creatures: her face is magical to me. When she smiles, it's not just her mouth that turns up but her entire face! Her eyes are a favorite feature of mine...looking like little half-moons on their side. Her little pixie-like body is perfect for cuddling...Sweets and I are convinced that she inherited the "cuddling gene" from her parents. She is quick to show affection and tell you how much she loves you. She loves to smack big kisses right on my mouth. When she cries I absolutely melt inside. Her sadness is so real and her crying so heartfelt that you can't help but reach out to her. There is an absolute magic about this little one.
She is very sweet by nature: doing things for her big sister (I can tell when big sister has coerced her into doing things...getting stuff for her, etc...) she always wants to be with big sister which is sad at times because the older one doesn't always want to be with her. It is beautiful and all the world is well when those two are playing well together and I'm hearing uncontrollable giggling coming from their bedroom. BUT, when there is disharmony between those two small people it's like the world turns dark and all hope for humanity is gone.
This little person loves to help her mom with all kinds of things (secretly, I believe she just wants to be with me: which I love, of course!): cooking, cleaning the windows, setting the table, and the list goes on. She knows stores like "Target" like the back of her tiny hand. She is my little friend and I love hanging out with her.
Little one has a crazy feisty side to her as well. She's grown out of this more and more, but it used to be that when she was badly offended she would storm into her room and slam the door. This fit has gone through it's own little phases...2 years old: before slamming the door and yelling "Neva!" (meaning "never")...later on it became: "Never never again!"...later still, maybe 3 years old: a very defiant hands on the hips accompanied with a high-pitched "Hmm!" and then turn on her heels and outta there...4 years old...the silent treatment. I remember trying to talk to her on her bottom bunk and her just staring straight through me not saying a word. It wasn't an all out glare but it was a lot like the one who had wronged her would NEVER be forgiven. maybe the "Neva!" when she was two should have come as a forewarning to us.
That's all for now on the little dearness. Oh except, let me just tell you this little girl was speaking full sentences shortly after coming out of the womb. She has always been quite articulate and blessed with a great memory which reminds me a lot of her own grandfather; who has distinct memories from the age of 2!
Another cool thing about our Chookie is that ever since she could talk she could sing. She can not only sing the words to most songs but sing them perfectly on pitch. She is in voice lessons now and we'll see where that takes her. She has always loved music and instruments...she wants to play the violin (I'm going to wait until she gets a little older) right now she's taking piano lessons.
Here is a running list of her favorite things (as well as my favorites about her!):
- Song "No One" by Aly & Aj
- Color: turquoise and aqua (like me!)
- movie "Ice Princess"
- toy: Webkinz
- Game: Candy Land
- Food: Javier's beef & cheese quesadillas
- Drink: Orange drink, horchata
- Animal: dolphin, Pugs
- Clothes to wear: jammies
- Lip gloss flavor: vanilla
- Ice cream: Mickey Mouse Birthday Cake flavored
- Pretending like she and her sister are pugs
- She is constantly making anyone in the family little drawings and gifts
- When she was 3 she was big time into the "Wizard of Oz"...she asked for "Dorsty" (Dorothy shoes) for Christmas and she wore them everyday all over town.
8 comments:
I forgot about her Dorsty shoes!! She is totally a little Pixie. Now I want to take her for my very own. What a cute little one and how good you are at painting a little picture of your people for us (you know, a little picture with words -- though I'm sure you could paint lovely as well if you were into that).
Thanks Nanc....I DID try the painting thing once....NOT so good at it.
Chookie is the perfect name. And yes she is an adult in a pixie body. Her smile is almost bigger than her!!!!
She is such a cute little Pixie, that Chookie is! I love her little Pixie voice. Neva!
Again, enjoyed learning more about my little Pixie niece...perfect description of her. I also like your music and need to step into the 2000's since all I know are country tunes...how can I hear more of this AJ and Aly or whatever it was?
Love, Kathy
Oh how I love the "Neva Neva Again", and her brown bear book. I remember baby sitting her when she was way little and she kept crying and would not go to sleep because she wanted her"BWEAR". I had NO idea what she was talking about! After 45 min looking for something, grabbing any toy I could see and asking her "is this it?" And she sadly would reply no...finally Pika Chew found what she needed...THE BOOK! Ah how i miss those days:-)
Kathy, I can make you a CD with Aly & AJ if you would like. They are sisters and sing quite frequently on the Disney Channel...in fact Aly is on Phil of the Future. So they have a couple of good enough songs I guess but are mostly teeny-bopperish...bippity boppity boo.
Oh yes Floods...the good old days of watching my kids. You should have been paying closer attention I guess!
Post a Comment