Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Best of Cousins (and Friends):Chookie & June Bug

Ever since I can remember these two have been the best of little friends. If I had a scanner I would have included more pictures of them when they were just tiny 2 year olds playing together. Usually 2 year olds don't play together, they play around each other; both totally into their own thing. These two, however, seemed to understand there was no time to be a wastin' when there was playing to be had.
Last voice recital, Chookie had a melt down when it came time to sing her solo of "Dites Moi". So this year she was paired up with June Bug and as a pair they were irresistibly cute singing "I won't grow up" from Peter Pan.
These two love to enjoy a good treat together. Really they hound me all day about what treat they can have next. I, the mean mom and aunt finally have to put my foot down and deny them any more sugar for the next 30 minutes.
Do not let the halos fool you. These two little people can be quite the terrors when one does not agree with the other. For the most part they can agree that Webkinz are good fun, but if the afternoon might point to Barbies or Polly Pockets for one of them...you better pray that the other one is in the mood.

Remember how Chookie had the melt down for her last voice recital, well, here is June Bug helping her out at the family Christmas talent show. Chookie had the courage to sing and it was very sweet.
I went on a field trip to the Nature Center with these girls. These two are NOT kidding about their affinity for one another. They not only play together and take the same lessons, they are in the very same kindergarten class! The Nature Center was fun and we learned a lot about indians and stuff from Itsy-Ya-Ya.
Notice they like to wear the same coats and the same jeans (the ones with the embroidered flowers down the side)! Maybe it's more like Missy and I shop at the same stores for them, but still.
Here all the kids were asked to imagine what their own houses would have looked like back in the day. Close your eyes and imagine....
Oh these girls are too cute not to take a zillion pictures of together. I've been asked many a time whether these little gals are twins. What? Just because they wear the same outfits and talk in the same silly robotic voice all the time!?
Back in the day these two were in the same preschool class together...so so nice for carpooling, I might add. Miss Spargur was their cute teacher.
This was their end of the year program.
Arms way up girls! That's it!
Grab your June Bug and Do-Si-Do!

Of course the two took tumbling together! Man, their tiny legs looked so cute jumping around in those little leotards!

I love to document the comings and goings of these two tiny friends.


Oh look at the little glorious angels (said in the voice of Mrs.Doubtfire)! The wee little ones are so precious!
I hope these little cutenesses will be friends forever. I have loved having them be so close and cherishing each other like no other. I can see them growing up and going to college together and of course being roommates! Then they will date two brothers who are the kindest and handsomest men on earth and share a beautiful double wedding where Missizzle and I will cry our eyes out in the shadows where no one can see us, but we'll most likely be seen happy happy happy and then everyone will be clapping and this song will play while Missy and I dance a little jig:


Don't mind the album cover...it was my favorite recording, but the person who shared it might enjoy a little Mary & Juana every now and then.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh that is for certain the cutest thing ever. I don't know what it is about your kid having a best friend in the world that is so sweet, I get so happy when I see Abe and his best little pal up here doing cool stuff together and it would only be 8 million times better if it was a cousin!!! What lucky girls. i love their guts!

Welcome! said...

Oh yes girl cousins are the best!! Jasmine and Allie were initially forced to be best friends by me and Amy (because they were both, shall we say very dominant personalities) but it has worked and I love that at family gatherings they have each other. Every few weeks they hate each other and say they will never talk to one or the other again but then all of a sudden one calls and it is like, "what? I wasn't mad at Allie?" Plus how fun for sisters or sister-in-laws to share in the joy of each others children...kind of what I was talking about on my blog...the pictures are amazing Priscilla...keep up the good picture taking cause when you get old like me you get lazy....I loved the twin coats!

Mugsy said...

Yeah! you have been away way to long. What A treasure this post is. I love that we can turn these into books because just look how fun for your little one to go back and see. What amazing little nieces I have...Love you.

Perla said...

I love love love this post and also love that song! i forgot about it and now want to put it on my blog! :) the photos are so cute and now how can you ever move when they get to go to school together and everything??? so cute!!!

Salty Incisor said...

i didn't know that about that. So sweet...ahh all those classes etc together then the same kindy class! Rock on!! Plus twins at that