Friday, April 25, 2008

A change will do me good

When I was a little girl my mom LOVED to get my hair cut short. Sometimes I would get mistaken for a little boy..."Oh what a cute little boy! Look at all those curls!" Well, I was quite turned off by the short hair by the time I was fifteen. Sweets likes to call those early teen years "The Ralph Macchio" years. Remember Karate Kid? I admit it...in my passport photo I looked just like the guy. Well fast forward several years and Halle Berry comes along with the cutest pixie cut ever and I'm like "why couldn't I pull that off?" It's been my dream haircut for the last several years. Sweets would get very sad when we would bring up the subject of parting with my long tresses, but alas my dream became a reality at about 7:00 this evening.

So I had taken the girls to get their haircuts (their pictures will be posted later...this is about ME) and I was telling my haircutstress how I longed for super short hair and then I couldn't stop myself.




Yeah, I LOVE it! It's just what I wanted. It's edgy. I like it. Sweets thinks I look beautiful no matter what (although long hair is his favorite) and I get to live the dream for a while.

11 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok yes I got called a boy all the time, too.
You go girl, with a boy-cut.
Love you! P.S. thanks for letting me steal your music with the pot leaf on it!
I

Catherina said...

HOLY MOLEY! What the Freakin HOT!!!! You finally did it! I admire you for your guts! You look so good! Have to admit, when I was scrolling down your pix I first saw your hair styled like Grandma, and I was like "ohh noo" but to my relief you were only joking! you look absolutely cute! Love it!!!
Enjoy your cruise...
floods

Nancy said...

Holy Smokes (ooohhh I forgot I'm not supposed to say holy any more . .. oh well Abe isn't reading this). You look freakin' like the most glamorous beautiful girl in the universe!! So perfect on you. I also loved when you were exactly your mom's twin in one shot. I always want to dare to have a sexy cool short cut but I never dare because well my hair only grows like 1 inch every 12 years so if I didn't like it I'd just have to deal with it til I was like 60. Dang, 'cause you look so cute!!

Nancy said...

Oh yeah, plus, I can't believe you finally got your web address to turn blue in your email!! WOohoo!!

Pooka said...

I'm so glad you finally went for it! It's a great look for you. Rock on! I will say the old lady hair scared me before you got it styled. Have a fab trip!!!!

Welcome! said...

You do look exactly like Hallee Barry now..the sucker was a nice touch and love how you documented from start to finish...one of those hairdo's you look like your mom - ha ha - goot chop! Can't wait to see you for real on the cruise...hair done in two minutes while I'm blow drying and straightening and then curling and straightening.....you have the face for it--beautiful!!

Perla said...

when you walked in last night I couldn't believe it!!! I LOVE it!!! I think I gushed about it enough last night but if not, I'll gush a little more now! Honestly, though, I'm so glad that you can just do what you want to do! Your hair grows so fast that if you get sick of it you can totally grow it back out quick. Nice to have that option. But for now you look so sexy. Its funny, I thought, hm...let me think how that will work with her new dress on the cruise. Then I pictured you all glittery and I was like, "Dang...SEXY!"

Lover of Sweets said...

Thanks for all the nice shout-outs girls. I knew I could count on all of you to smother me with love and nice compliments. You all are beautiful and soooo rock the party that rocks the body!

Mugsy said...

Yo Pris! I love teh pose with the sucker. You look all sexy and definitely SASSY!!!! I love love your hair!

Kass said...

Wow! I can't wait to see you in person. You look adorable. And yes, chalk it up for another innocent girl called a young man. I still can't do the short hair thing because of it! Can't wait to see ya, finally do breakfast, & hear all about the love boat!

Unknown said...

Halle Barry has nothing on you girl! You are hot! Wow, a lot seems to have happened since we last chatted. I've missed you. It looks like you have been having a great time, and that Body for lIfe has worked well for you!!!! I am not worthy.....