The cruise was so much fun and I was especially happy to be there with such choice people. We dibbed Love Boat names for ourselves and even though I can't remember everyone's...well here it is as I see it:
Me...Charo (remember her? she was a sweet latina with a ginormous chest and always spoke in that broken English and coddling everyone with coochie coos).
Sweets...Isaac, the bartender (why? because he was cool)
Tony...obviously Captain Stoobing
Deb...Jacklyn Smith (another guest, a hottie and actually from Charlie's angels)
Kathy...Julie (the friendly and beautiful cruise director)
Mike...Gopher, the yeoman purser (I don't know what they do, you'll have to watch The Love Boat to find out, when you do let ME know)
Neil...Dr.Adam, the ship's doctor (obviously, seeing as he truly IS a doctor)
Ruth Ann...definitely Farrah Fawcett (another hot guest)
There you have it...the NEW cast of The Love Boat, but if you would like to compare with the old school version, click below:
Here I am in our cool little room. It wasn't too bad actually, it was quite cozy in there. We especially liked being rocked to sleep like little babies every night.
Our server took our picture.
Every night we had a private table reserved where we got these 2 servers that only waited on our table and brought us any ridiculous amount of desserts we wanted (or entrees for that matter, sometimes Mike ordered more than one).
We all enjoyed one of the ship's premium desserts named "The Love Boat", a delectable heart-shaped mousse on a crispy chocolatey bottom (everyone should have a chocolatey bottom at least once in their lives).
Sweets, Tony, Mike, Neil and Ruthie went on a couple of dives while Kathy and Deb and I went our separate ways to go snorkeling. Turns out we couldn't really snorkel seeing as we couldn't get past the darn coral...too shallow and we were going to get all scratched up. We laid out instead.
The rest of our party saw some sting rays and lots of cool and unusual sea life on their dives.
Here I am documenting my laying out. I must say this bikini is my favorite worldly possession.
Mike was so scared that this guy was his own ghost of Christmas future come to haunt him. Sweets just called him Mel, short for Melanoma. I just referred to him as the International Man of Leather. There were a lot of these cool sorts on the ship; especially the old lady who was this guy's twin who wore a skimpy white Guess bikini. Suhweeeet!
I mean look at this lady! If you want to see the epitome of cruise trash! She IS super hot though!
All in all....a very fun trip...fun entertainment, awesome company, fine foods, relaxing down time in the sun, getting to know my Sweets even more and spending time with my best friend (although I wish she would have at least looked at the camera), oh that Dorothy!
This post is dedicated to all those who helped out with our chilluns...this trip would not have been possible without all of you! Love you guys: Grandmas Sharon and Vicencio, Ashlem and Hiry, and Aunt Vivi!
6 comments:
Ohhh so many good things in this post. I love when you and Mike got married and left Kathy off to the side. i love when you refer to your sailing "vessel" as both a vessel and a she. I love Mel(anoma) and most of all that you got to spend time with your best freind Dorothy. Ohhh that was good. i wish wish wish I was cool enough to be on that trip . . . but no one could ever be that cool.
Oh dear, i wanted to comment on every picture! Good job on documenting the whole venture. You did look dazzling in your party dress! I loved your names and that Mike had to be gopher. I laughed out loud at Mel. I laughed again so hard at you and mike together with kathy off to the side. I loved seeing the cute kids that interviewed you guys. I'm so glad you had such a good time! Thanks for allowing me to live it vicariously through the great pictures with awesome commentary. It is so cool when you get to fall even more in love with your spouse. Sweets does look great in the photos. The one with the sunglasses he looks like Nicholas Cage. I hadn't thought that before. Hm...anyway...great fun!!!
O my gosh, You are the cutest thing ever! I love Mike giving that kiss. O it looked so fun to be there with you. I do remember the good sleep josh and i had. It was like being back in the womb. And yes there was the rocking after getting off the boat. Maybe some day we will be some where fun together like it was always meant to be.
Awesome! I loved all of it. I felt as if I was there. Actually Dorothy was really me in disguise. OK so i have to call you so i can hear all about it!
cool glad u r back! LOOKS LIKE FUN
Oh thank you P for documenting the love boat trip....these are good photos and I must get mine developed and I will see what I can add to your remembrances...when that will be I do not know but it will be someday
Post a Comment