Monday, May 5, 2008

North to Alaska


So, Sweets has done it again...he's up and left me and gone to Alaska to go fishin'. I'm happy for him, he left a message this morning sayin' how fantastic the fishing has been so far. He's been there for a couple of days. He went with brother Mortimer and the ship's doctor from our cruise. The ship's doctor, we'll call him Neil for all practical purposes (and for the fact that this is indeed his name), was quite excited about this Alaska trip. He talked about it a lot on our cruise. I felt like saying "It's like you LOVE Alaska"...kind of like when Nancy asked Daisy where the barrettes that she had been wearing had gone to (you know how it is with girls and their barrettes...they loose 47 of them every single day) and Daisy very put out responded "It's like you LOVE those barrettes!"

Anywho, it was cool because Sweets was excited plenty, but every time we were around "Neil" and he would start to go off about how much he LOVED Alaska...Sweets would just give me reassuring looks or tighten his grip on me or whisper to me how much fun he was having right now with me. See? I just LIKE the guy. How could I not? He's a cool little hubby and I'm gonna keep 'em.

3 comments:

Perla said...

Since when does "Neil" aka "Neil" hang out with Mortimer and Sweets? That is cool. Sounds like they are having a good time and I love how Sweets likes to call you and that you will appreciate how excited he is about the fishing. You too are the cutest couple ever. !

Mugsy said...

Pris I love the way you write. I always chuck;le to myself when im reading your posts. You are the coolest and although Chris is the greatest brother ever, he is one lucky SOB to have you as his wife! Love ya, Meg

Salty Incisor said...

hope you are having fun spring cleaning without your man...I am eating like a pig now that I can. I love food too dang much to give it up.
Will miss you @ BC tmw...Do you need me to come over if you are working?