Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Talk About a Bed-Head!

So, lately I have been re-thinking this whole "short hair" business and here is why:

To my right is what old Sweets wakes up to every morning and I probably have this encouraging look on my face every morning as if to say "My hair won't always be this short and you ARE in this for the long haul so...."











And here we have an aerial view of what Sweets might see sometimes (What? Don't act all innocent with me young lady!) But really though, I know that "I am not my bed-head" (Sorry Shan, it's what keeps coming into my head...that and your song replaced my "I am not my bed-head...blah blah blah blah blah...."). I just don't know if I need to subject Sweets to this craziness in the morning anymore. Don't get me wrong though, my Sweets is still as sweet as ever....always complimentary...just not during this time of the day. I can't really blame the guy. And he DID tell me that my long hair is his favorite but that I will always look beautiful to him no matter what.




I used to get this look of twitterpation from Sweets every morning upon waking up to each other and now I'm just not getting this look. A bit too honest? I know, but that's how I roll so.....I mean it's not a look like "Dang girl! What happened to you last night!?" But, it's just not that special little look and THAT my friends is what I love love love to see on my Sweets' face.


BUT, I LOVE the quickness with which I am able to get ready. Seriously girls, it's down-right ridiculous. AND, I know with all my heart that I look freakin' hot (once I have rolled out of bed and plastered that craziness down with the spray of the shower, towel-dried it, and put some nice goopy goop in it)!



Ok, here is the last and final view for all to enjoy. I'll have you know that I have not enhanced my look in any way. This is right out of bed people so deal with it! What would YOU do? Comments please!

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Ha ha, I love you and all your pics, but alas alas I don't know what I would do. I, for one, do know that Mike doesn't give me any special looks when I wear a nice "bun" in my hair, so I can relate . . . of course I don't have bun hair in the morning so maybe I can't.

Perla said...

well, i can't really relate to the special look in the morning. i don't know that jas ever gives me a special look, although i do know that he loves me and thinks i'm beautiful. :) i do remember, though, not really liking my short hair before i was able to do it cute because it did look like boy-bed-head and i think that is why i then went and got so many piercings (to make sure i looked girly). i don't know if it worked. anywho...is your question whether or not you should keep cutting it short of grow it out? i love your hot, sexy, short hair. but if it were me, i would start growing it out because you will invariably have to keep cutting it in different ways to keep a cute style while trying to get it back long. and there are so many cute styles to try! your hair starts getting longer but you don't like how the layers are working so you find a cut that will work for that length. Fun! then you grow it out some more and you don't like some part of it so you find another cut that will look cute for that stage. more fun! and then if you hate it too much, you just go back to the short.

Or, you could do something really fun and just surprise him with a weave, then cut get rid of it in a few months and go back to your short. That would be fun, too! I am all about what would be fun to do and taking advantage of options at this stage in my life.

Lover of Sweets said...

Nice suggestions Perlita. I guess I am considering growing it out again because of boy bed-head. That's really it...I love every other aspect of it, truly. I loved long hair too as long as it was working on most levels...the last haircut I got was 3 days before I decided to cut it short ...the decision was made after dealing with weird layers for 3 days, so.....
But, I do have to say that after going for this bold cut I definitely have the courage to wear different styles and I like temporary changes...I think it could be fun as well, so we shall see...I'll be thinking it on it some more.

Mugsy said...

Hee hee I just love that you are so darn right honest and willin to laugh at yourself. You are and always will be so dang beautiful bt those are some sweet faces you are making! Good post! But I know what you mean with the special looks. Not just hair, but I do find myself liking to dress in things I know Josh likes. ANd I am not just talking lingerie? So I don't know what to tell you except hat what ever akes you feel best about yourself. To bad my grandma Edna isn't hee to ask. She always prided herself on how to "entertain" her man. And her hair was always short. hmmmmmm just ask Chris, unless you don't like what he wants.
Or wear gigantic bows!!!! Or a sexy Tatoo on your neck. O maybe you shouldn't do that. Either way your o so cute!!!!
But if you really want to make change, take off those case sensitive letters and live on the dge like me Nanc and Shan! It's freakin crazy!

Lover of Sweets said...

oh that IS edgy and I DO love living on the edge! I'll look into that right now.
I think I'm a good "entertainer" so I don't believe I will be needin' help there, but anywho.....
Thanks for sayin' I'm so cute, I know it's true and all but it's still nice to hear your confirmation. So thanks and I will always think you are an adorable and finely dressed individual.

Vivi said...

MY Shilla,
My beautiful Little sister, and when i say '' Beautiful'' i really mean ''Beautiful'' inside and out ... About the hair , you know its like buying a pair of new pants where you really like what they do for your ''derrierre'' and you wear them for awhile until you find another pair you like better. And whatever you find looks great on your ''derrierre'', because YOU CHOSE IT !!! Priscilla you look absolutely enchanting with your short cut , and you want a little secret?
It really does not matter how others see us , as long as what we see is what we LOVE ,then others will also LOVE what you LOVE !!
To me you are a GODDESS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM YOU CHOOSE TO BE !
Vivi.

Salty Incisor said...

You are so lucky you can have this conversation with yourself. I could never pull off the boy-cut! I cut my hair into a bob and I am humiliated. When I cut bangs E said I looked like Marcy May, whoever that is (someone from otown high), but I know it wasn't a compliment!!!!!! He kept telling me I needed to grow them out and they were just bangs for heaven sakes. I have a latin friend Nancy and she does the boy cut well too and she is curvy and sexy like you. I do love the curls you had right before you chopped. But I like it short and you look sweet in a hat...like some cute leggy tennis player. If it were me...I agree with Shan. If you hate the grown out thing and are convinced that you should be short you can always chop again. I do love your curls the most though because I am less scared of you! Now when you say you are going to kick my a%@! I believe it with your short hair and strong muscles.

Catherina said...

Well, I think you look great with the short hair. No good advice though, but I do like Perlas 'weave' idea. It is just hair anyways and luckily it will grow back, if that is what you prefer. I think you look drop dead Sexy in any style of cut, so what ever fits your fancy will do just fine for me:-)
flods

Perla said...

what has become of you, zhateal???

Salty Incisor said...

such a slacker on blogging...I am on working out!

Kass said...

Your hair is to die for, but the fun thing about hair is that it grows back-if you can stand the "awkward stage." Then when it gets long again you can get it cut once more!

Salty Incisor said...

where in the shuckydarns are you? Have you died and gone to nonblogging ether world?

Welcome! said...

Ha, ha, ha..you have been a slacker (I just read your other one) but those photos are the best and you are the best to share them for our "making fun of" pleasure. I don't know what to tell you but you are one HOT chilean and I was just lookin at some photos of you from the cruise and you are totally divine with that do...and of course you ARE Halle Barry (sp?)so tell Sweetum's, "what's not to love?" If I had your face I would cut mine off in a flash...as it is, I just look like an out of date 80's girl! - HA! - yelling.....