Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary Sweets


Head Over Feet (acoustic) - alanis morrissette
Today marks our 9 year anniversary. I've got our girls in the tub after swim lessons and little Treatums down on the floor throwing a nice little fit. It's hard to concentrate on this post, but not hard to say how much I absolutely ADORE this man! And why not?

He is the easiest person to love in the world. he makes me laugh constantly, he makes me think, he makes me want to be a better person, he loves me fiercely and unconditionally, my pain is his pain and my joys are his, I love to hear what's on his mind, I love to be near him, I love to drive past him while we blow kisses to one another, I love naughtily joking around with him, I love when he fakes mad at me or at the kids, I love love love his face, I love when he reads to me and puts me to sleep with his very low sexy voice, I love how his children run to him when he gets home from work, I love how he loves them with every fiber of his being, I love his laugh, I love when he gives the kids swing-swongs like his dad used to give him, I love that he takes the kids to the park even though he hates the park, I love when he gets home from fishing and he smells of sweat and sunscreen, I love when he surprises me with little things like a candy bar, or when he's really listening and takes my hints of something I might really want, but more than anything I love that he has always seen me for who I am despite of what I might have thought about myself.

I love you more than anything Lovey Boy. You are my Sweets, through and through.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

That was so nice. Only when do you guys get to drive past each other all the time so you can blow kisses? Why can't Mike and I always be driving past each other?

Anywho, I remember your wedding day so well because that was such a happy time and happy Summer (and it was the day after I had to be in charge or girl's camp and i was so happy THAT was over). But it is funny how you can remember things with such happyness around them. I was all happy and about to be getting married myself and you and Chris were all happy and sigh, what fun memories. happy anniversary!

Salty Incisor said...

I remember your reception and Nik how cute he looked in a tux and I remembered Ali talking smack to me about dating P I was a bit confused. I also remember how pretty you looked!!!!I am glad I was a part of that day, albeit a teensy weensy part. Who knew we'd become gym buddies or not so gymmy sorry about the last few days I had so much to do and get so stressed out plus I could barely walk my muscles hurt so bad but..I am back. R u going somewhere for your Anniversary??

Perla said...

that was a very cool post and i am so happy that sweets married you. this sounds so corny, but you two truly complete each other. it is the very best and most awesome match you can have--where the two people bring out the very best in each other and create something so awesome together. i love you both!

Perla said...

oh yeah and i remember about your wedding--yummy meatballs, meeting tash for the first time, you looking so gorgeous, me crying myself to sleep afterwards over ray (if only i'd known that the next summer i'd be with chancho!)

Jana said...

You know, I can compete with you any day on how much I love my man but you do such a nice job of professing it - I would loose the competition because this was such a nice post! I read it and immediately wanted to go and hug my Joe and tell him all the things I love about him! And then I wanted to go drive until I found him so I could blow kisses to him because that is just so romantic!!!!

Sigh.

One Girl and Three Crazy Boys! said...

Happy Anniversary you two! We love you guys so much! and cannot wait to see you guys! I too remember your wedding day. There was a lot of rain! but it still turned out beautiful. Love you both-Bree

Mugsy said...

O that just made me so happy! I knew the moment i met you that you were perfect for Chris and what an amazing relationship you to have! I am so so happy i have you for my sister as well! I love love love you guys! Happy anniversary!!!!!