So I thought that maybe this time I would just go for it and stop being so scared of what may or may not survive or whatever dumb fears (or for sheer laziness) were holding me back from producing a decent looking yard.
I talked to my gardening expert friend, Kelly, at a little shindig she had at her house where she showed us all the wondrous plants/flowers/shrubs/trees that she is growing and got some ideas for my yard. Now, I KNOW that my yard will never look like hers, but I also know in my heart of hearts that my yard can always look better and that I can actually not cringe when I go out my front door.
Here's what I've done so far: and can I just say...I love my mini retaining wall!
So I know I probably should have taken some "before" pictures, but just imagine this now flower-laden patch completely bare except for some weeds and two sorry-looking-haphazardly-placed rose bushes and that's what I was dealing with (or not, more like).
Now, say hello to my little friends:
Celosia...I love this one!
Liatris...very nice.
Yarrow, in the color "Paprika"
Boxwood..cute little shrub.
Blanket Flower
Delphinium
Dark Dancer...I love this little clover shrub
And last but not least...the "On Stage" Hosta
So, now that I have this cool little garden out front, I always prefer to leave out the front door; which does make it tricky to get to my car in the garage, but I don't mind.
***Ok, someone please tell me what I could have done to get all this idiotic underlining!? I swear I can not find any underlining option!
9 comments:
Oh that is so lovely. I have been in awe of Kelly for some time, and I truly truly love love love flowers and shrubs and pretty things all around and every Spring I try so hard and usually fail, but hopefully one day my black thumb will turn to at least a light shade of green. Maybe.
yes she is a talented little sprite and you have caught the gardening bug...I still remain brown-thumbed but I hope to learn with time to turn it green It just scares me. No I can't run I am too outa shape and I can't go with my kids...R U lifting on Mon or are you doing that on Tues call me I will start lifting when you say go!!!
call
The underlining - probably something you did like control U and if you look not on the compose mode of your post but on the html edit you will probably see something like < underline span > or something else that is equally stupid and unhelpful - just delete that part. And if that doesn't work, which it probably won't - just consider yourself haunted like the rest of us!!!!
Haunted people rock!
And I love your other rocks and flowers and it gave me great peace to know that it took you 6 years to get your landscaping looking well - I have 3 more summers to go. I really need to do something. I am white trash.
SWEEEEET! I love how beautiful plants make everything! Nice!!! You Rock!
good for you and good job calling kelly. now since we aren't selling our house i might just have to lure her over here to help me. or maybe next spring. i'm very tired. haha.
Love it!
It really looks great!
I need to come see it in person one of these days.
Good job She,
love
flodi
Love it!
It really looks great!
I need to come see it in person one of these days.
Good job She,
love
flodi
You give me way too much credit, after all you did all the labor and purchasing...anyway, good job! Your backyard is totally awesome, way to work, the trick to gardening is a little elbow grease.
Ohhh I just had to quickly tell you here (because I never know if people get responses if I comment back to them on my blog)that most everytime you comment I almost start to cry because I am laughing so hard and I will try to read them out loud to Mike, but I don't think he gets how funny it is because I am laughing too much to get the words out right. I mostly loved that my darling little neices and nephews sit on your lap and say "duhh" and don't feel bad about not knowing what I am having because even I don't know!!! Yes it is true. we decided to have it be a surprise. Don't ask me what possessed me to want to do that. I just thought it might be kind of fun to not know til little person actually makes their appearance. WEird of me.
Post a Comment