So little Treatums is sleeping in his "big-boy" bed tonight for the first night. A little while ago he came in and woke me up to let me know that he needed a drink. I took him into the kitchen where I gave him a drink, he took one and then looked up at me and told me that he needed it in a sippy cup now. I then reminded him that he couldn't take drinks with him to bed anymore because I wouldn't want him to pee in his new big-boy bed. He agreed and then told me how crazy it was that h can get out of his bed now; which is what I kept saying to him all yesterday evening while we were setting up the new big-boy bed.
Now, when I'm in that in between state of sleep and awakeness, little morsels of wisdom and inspiration always come to me and I'm always happy to welcome them. Here's what just came to me:
Love is when God brings two people together after thinking to himself "Yes, I believe these two will love each other unconditionally, never judging the other and forever striving to remind the other what magnificent qualities they see in them."
THIS, my friends, is exactly what God thought when He brought my Sweets and I together. Now, that I've shared, I'm off to my little bed.
4 comments:
What a nice little pearl of wisdom. I like the idea of God sitting there going, "yes, those two will do nicely together" and it makes me want to be more patient with my kids so I don't let him down if he thougth that when sending them to me. Only it makes me sad sad sad all the time when I think of my friends who aren't all happy and loved unconditionally in their marriages. Seems so sad and so not right for every girl to grow up to have her fairy tale marriage!!
I wish I could love everyone like that.
fantastic little inspired thought! so glad you have a blog so you can record it for yourself and for us! how did treatums do in his bed?
I'm with Tash... I DO wish I could love everyone like that...and I believe that is the goal, right?
I know Nancy, I so wish that everyone could have have a great relationship with their spouse. I really believe it starts with loving yourself. It was hard for me to believe that I was lovable a lot of the time in my first marriage, but I didn't like the person I had become. I couldn't even stand up for myself when I was being hurt and I certainly didn't have the confidence to do it. Whatever negative beliefs people have about themselves is what limits their happiness. I am so glad I met your brother and his awesome family!
Perla, Treatums did awesome in his new bed. No potty accidents either; which is something I was a little scared about. He like his new bed, but Sweets and I agree that he looks too tiny to be in it!
Post a Comment