Friday, October 24, 2008

Come to Zion, Come to Zion

Sweets kept singing that hymn before our trip, it was sweet. Of course anytime Sweets decides to break out in song it's gonna pretty sweet. We (and I mean our kids especially) look forward to this trip every year. Sweets has a conference there in Springdale every fall in October. Sometimes it's in Moab; which we prefer because there's more than just the one main street to find restaurants, shops, life, etc...on. Next year it will be in Moab. Either way it gets us out of the house as a family...although this year it was not complete since Pikachu had to stay behind due to it being his dad's weekend. The kids just call it "going to the hotel". They think the best part about "going to the hotel" is the jumping from bed to bed...you know it's not just jumping now but actual flipping from bed to bed. Yes, they're advanced bed jumpers.
Anywho, it's always a fun time. Here are some highlights:







I loved how this green stuff was just growing under this overhang. It's really so beautiful there. Breathtaking views everywhere!







A small snake that we saw outside of this cool shop outside of Springdale on our way to Cedar City to check out the Shakesperean Festival. Incidentally the whole staying somewhere else for more fun didn't end up working out the way we had hoped. When we got to Cedar we went to an IHOP for lunch and when we came out we noticed a green trail of liquid that had leaked out of someone's vehicle...OH! That was our vehicle! We put the van in a shop, rented a car, stayed in a hotel, went hot tubbing (the pool was freezing!), Chookie threw up all night, we ate breakfast, left the hotel, played at a park for hours, picked up the van, returned the rental car, and then about $500 later drove home for 4 hours!


Here's some leafy fun at the park I mentioned. I wish I could have captured the leaves floating down from this tree, it was oh so mystical.


All in all...quite the adventure we'll never forget! Look at my little peeps up there...it warms my heart to see those smiles on their faces and to know that they are happy kids who are so so loved!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

It warms my little heart as well to see your cute little family having such fun times (though I wish you guys weren't all perched on the edge of a cliff ready to catapult to your doom in your family pic).

Vivi said...

What a beautiful memory!! You guys are as perfect of a family as I know, and the pictures are priceless!!! Keep up the loving things you do Shilla and Chris, every little thing you do has the magic touch!

Catherina said...

Just love the pictures. What a cute family:-)

Perla said...

sweet! while chris was singing, "come to zion, come to zion," i was singing "o babylon, o babylon"

cute pics. glad you had such a fun time

Mugsy said...

Those pics were awesome! I am so happy when I get to see my litttles. Man what a cool cool family you are. I also love the new blog background. Its kind of fun to mix it up. Well off I go to catch up on the rest!! Love you, Meg

Pooka said...

What a trip! This will be one of those moments you'll always remember!

Minwimm said...

Super Jealous. Definitely beats our trip to...oh yeah...nowhere :)