I know I haven't posted in a very long time and I still don't feel like it, but here is a cool email my Sweets sent me today...it was entitled "Indians"....
I probably already told you this, but once when I was on my mission I was in an indian hogan and an old Navajo woman was teaching me how to make fry bread, and I accidentally splashed hot grease all over the place and nearly burned her face off and she yelled in a man's voice "ashkee!" which means "boy," and it startled me and almost caused me to knock the pan of hot grease off the stove. Also, she had a son or grandson (not sure which) who was only about eight, and he was confined to a wheelchair and I was pushing him around the yard as fast as I could chasing these semi-tame geese and I hit a rock that stopped the wheelchair in its tracks but the boy flew out of the wheelchair about ten yards and landed on his face in the dirt, so I hurried and picked him up and dusted him off and stuck him back in the chair, and I didn't tell the old lady because he seemed fine. Another time, our mission president came out to the rez and spent a day with us, and at the end of the day we went into this little gas station/convenience store where the mission president offered to buy us a snack. It was pretty clear that he meant like a candy bar or something, but my companion said, "oh thanks" and grabbed a box of pop tarts, two or three candy bars, and a half gallon of orange juice. When he brought it up to the counter, president Washburn looked at him like "what a freakin idiot" and they just stared at each other for a minute and my companion didn't flinch so president bought all of his crap. I won't lie though, I was happy to eat some of those pop tarts later. And we lived in a trailer out in the sage brush at the time, and somebody ran over a cow out on the highway one night and they had a hell of a time moving it off the highway.
And that is why I love my husband...he always has these sweet stories for me and keeps me entertained.
8 comments:
oh, i love your husband, too. what made him decide to tell you these little anecdotes? he is definitely one of the funniest people to live on this earth.
Yah, that is freakin' sweet. I only wish he'd included his companion running over all those pigeons.
I like the story about the mission president getting stared down and giving in!
Every once in a while Sweets will email me some random thought or memory or else some pretty funny email dialogue between himself and his crazy friends. I love it of course because it makes me laugh my head off, but mostly I just get another glimpse into his cool brain.
Thats too funny!
Hah! yeah....you and Sweets were made for eachother. No doubt about it. I love how much you appreciate him and he you! By the by you looked freakin hot on Thanksgiving! So sad I didn't get to visit longer with all ya all!
Chris is the freakin' coolest, and he didn't marry down. Hiram and I love you guys and think you're like the most awesome couple EVER.
Good Story!
Post a Comment