Sunday, January 18, 2009

Holy *@#!

Ok, so for a long time now I have been an avid user of the word "Crap"...."What the crap!?"..."Holy crap!" "Yeah, I felt like crap." OR the most recent, "...and THAT scared the crap out of me!" during my TESTIMONY of all times! I realized as I said it that I couldn't take it back so I just laughed it off lightheartedly. There were a few chuckles but mostly shocked gasps and then a few nervous whisperings following my crap bomb. I am old enough now that I really should take others feelings into account. I mean I don't want anyone to feel all awkward or anything when they're around me-afraid of what might come out of my mouth at any given moment.

I am someone who has spoken her mind for the most part, but sometimes I have suffered from diarrhea of the mouth. Back in the day I was really good at calling someone out when they had wronged someone else. This may have been the cause of some of the fights I got in. However, there were a lot of times when I should have stuck up for myself but didn't (I found it easier to stick up for others than I did for myself). I guess I have some regrets about how I handled myself in the past. Now that I am a responsible adult I would like to put the reins on anything that I might say that could offend people that I respect.

Well, that was a fun little venting trip, wasn't it? It was helpful for me. If any of you catch me dropping the crap bomb, at church mostly, please slap me if you care about me!

Thanks.

Oh, and BTW (by the way), I can not listen to my little 3 year old dude asking me what the crap about anything else from his little car seat anymore! What kind of mother am I!?

9 comments:

Vivi said...

NOOOO...YOU DID'NT....L.O.L!! Well my beautiful little sis, if people cant take the word.. WZXKH!!
Or as you vehemently put it CRAP!!! HOLY....!!
The world really needs to get a grip and reconsider...we should be able even in church to speak our minds, and to me that word is like the word ''hell'' which we can all find where?? In the bible.... so i rest my case....continue to speak your mind and do not be afraid of what people may or may not say. It was innocently said, and we are innocent from birth......really...
Love ya always!! Vivi

Pooka said...

Sorry but that was funny! i doubt anyone thought anything of it. But if they did... well, they can all just eat CRAP!

Jana said...

You know, before I met you in real life - which was only a month ago - I thought of you, well, a lot like me - everything you said and probably a little more! But when I met you there at our little luncharoo, you seemed so soft spoken that I really can NOT for the life of me picture these things anymore. So, what the CRAP????? Oh, I just typed Carp. THERE YOU GO .... just say CARP!

Nancy said...

Oh Tia, you really did not get to know the real P then . . . oh no, she'll claw your eyes out so fast if you need put in your place. That's why we're all so glad she's got our backs.

As for you, P, I am so sorry you said crap in your testimony, but I loved and laughed so hard at how you described people whispering in horror. Ohh that was good.

But seriously, I do think you are awesome because you always just decide to do something or other better and you just do it. You are cool like that!

Staci said...

Hey, don't feel alone! As I was speaking in church with the YW Pres, I pretty much told the whole ward AND STAKE PREDIDENCY that I swear so often I don't even notice when I do it! :) That really isn't true but I'll have to explain it better in person. So saying CRAP is pretty mild for me and I love you just the way you are! Way to go for recognizing it and trying to improve on it!

Catherina said...

Ahhh dont worry, at least you have repented of it, and can move on with your life right?lol I felt really bad about saying that word all the time when my family stayed with us from England. Their little 10 year old girl came home asking why everyone in the US says that like it is not that bad. Apperantly in the UK it is a REAL bad word, not just a substatution for Sh..! That is too funny, but oh so embarrasing I can imagine. Love you still! That reminds me, I need to stop saying Crap & Hell so much.....hmmmm. Slap me too if you hear those words coming out of my mouth:-)

Perla said...

dear p, i love that you are constantly trying to better yourself. i don't think that saying crap is such a horrible thing, but i love that if you realized something in yourself that maybe doesn't completely let people see the real you then you are trying to change it. i don't think its about whether saying "crap" or "suck" (the two i have problems with that i usually think are fine but then sometimes, like in church, i think, "i wish i didn't say that") bothers somebody else so much as whether it really is something that we like about ourselves. and if its not, then we can change it. i love that about you. you have been such a good example to me, especially ever since that day at your house when i looked in your eyes and saw "you" for the first time. love you!

Amy said...

Oh please don't stop saying "crap" you say it so well. Seriously it is like people who swear. There are some who can do it and it just sounds funny and then there are people like me. If I try to let out a swear word, Alan says it just sounds gross, or mean or lame, but never cool. Also, I once said, "and it pissed me off" in a Relief Society lesson!!!

Welcome! said...

Well a member of our ward told a joke in fast and testimony and it included some old church leader saying "hell" and he said it just as happily as anything and we were all like, "can you just say that like that?" So "hell"?? or "crap"?? in sacrament meeting...I say crap....love ya,