I hope you can handle the fun that you are about to witness, so prepare yourself. Sweets and I got to go to Cancun with some very choice peeps back in early March. It was some good times, let me tell you....no really, let me tell you.....
First, the participants:

Meg and Josh are featured first since they didn't quite make it to Mexico, due to not having the correct documentation...they had passport CARDS not passports. Yeah, apparently some incompetent fool at the passport office told them that the cards would be perfectly fine to use on the trip AND they would receive them faster. We missed their sweet spirits and hope to join them on some other fun trip some time.

Poor, poor Meg and Kelly, the harsh reality of the passport situation has not yet been disclosed to these unsuspecting girls....look at the cheery anticipation....ohhhhhh how it pains me!

Next we have Mindy and Bryant. Nice folks. We like 'em. Mindy is pregnant and quite the little spitfire. We especially enjoyed her trapeze artist-like skills while repelling down some cenotes and the time she ate a super spicy pepper and almost died on us. Her sun-scorched legs were beyond belief! It was pretty entertaining watching Bryant trying to catch waves while body surfing. The small swells didn't quite cut it. He's one cool dude, plus he's a computer genius.

Here we see Kelly peering behind Duffy's head. Where is her husband Dave (shrug)? Kelly made me laugh so hard while we were playing soccer that I actually peed my pants, thus acquiring the name PP Priscilla. Messed up.
Of course we enjoyed Duffy and Brandie's (also not pictured...yet) presence. After hearing about Duff's white linen pants that he sported in Costa Rica I was very much looking forward to seeing them with my own eyes. I was NOT disappointed....they were glorious. It was especially awesome when Brandie killed off everyone in an intense game of Mafia...although Duffy was a little sad when she killed him...the look of betrayal was classic.

Weird picture of Scott, right? I think his head was moving back and forth super fast to create such a blur. Our little Natalie looks quite angelic in her slumber however. These guys are awesome and extremely competitive it turns out, as we found out playing soccer. I especially enjoyed the friendly banter between both Kelly and Duffy and Kelly and Scott. Oh you guys!

And last, but certainly not least: Team Sweets. We were so excited to be getting away, and with such awesome friends too...good times, good times. Sleeping in with my favorite person rocked!

Then there was that crazy long customs line! Yikes! Scott was very entertaining, what with his sweet soccer skills...kicking a water bottle around for about 10 minutes and then getting a guy in trouble when he yelled to him to get in the wrong line. I think they took that guy out and shot him. Those Mexicans don't mess around. I think it took us a good 45 minutes to get through that hideous line. It was wondrous when we finally did though. It was almost like being admitted into the Celestial Kingdom (ugh, I hope I don't go straight to hell for that one).

Then there was this crazy abandoned resort right next to ours due to some sort of monsoony thing happening to it. Sweets was a little more impressed by it than I was, but still, it was something to behold.


Then there were the beauties on the beach. Aren't THEY a sight to behold!?

Recently I made a family calendar and included this picture. I have to use the same caption I did on the family calendar and that is:
"One word: yum." Yeah, I actually put that on the FAMILY calendar, cuz that's how I roll! Yeah, feel free to enlarge it as a poster, I know he looks hot. At least do yourself a favor and double-click on it.

Moving on...why is Mindy trying to hit me with a coconut you ask? I don't know, ask her.

We saw plenty of these running around. In fact, I stepped on one's tail and didn't even know it until Sweets pointed it out, he was quite exasperated with me when I said he could go ahead and grow a new tail if he were to lose it due to my carelessness. Well, he could.

The buffet experience. Better than cruise food, I thought. After 2 days of it...not so good. We got to eat at a fancier Mexican restaurant, and I gotta say...substantially better than the buffet. Note to self: spend the extra money and eat at the nicer restaurants in the evening.

How did we not get kicked out?

Climbing to the top of the tallest temple ruin around (apparently taller than Chichen Itza) was pretty dang cool. All around, for miles, all you could see was thick dense jungle. Every so often you could see some hills which were actually more ruins that hadn't been uncovered yet. The one we went to was Coba.

We rented bikes for $2.50 to travel from ruins to ruins. Mine was so creaky that I thought for sure it was going to explode right under me. I wish I could have been there when Scott's bike actually did! All I know is, the next time I saw old Scott he was all bloodied up and holding a bent up rusty rim and throwing it into a tall pile of other bent up rusty old rims where he had been instructed to take it. Apparently what happened to our friend was not all that uncommon.

On our little excursion (which was in fact called Coba Extreme Adventure) we were able to go into a Mayan village and meet a lot of their people. I like to call this one..."National Geographic shoot".
This is what "extreme"canoeing looks like:

We got to zip-line across alligator infested waters (ok, there was only one, but still). A first for me. It was fun but got over way too fast.










Repelling,however, was quite "extreme" for me, as I had never done it before. Pretty fun repelling 40 feet down into a cenote which were sometimes used to sacrifice virgins for the gods. Here are some highlights:


Of course the shaman had to recite a special blessing before sacrificing us to the gods. I thought it was kind of nice. Dave looks like he's probably going to knee that little shaman in the face, but what do I know?

Our guide, don't remember his first name, but we were to call him Castillo. Sweets decided to just call him Del as in del Castillo...del meaning "of".
We were told to stop at the bottom of the ladder and kiss, so I did; since I always do what I am told.


We nominated Scott and Natalie for "Most Passionate Kiss"...yeah, I started to feel a little uncomfortable.

Say cheese sucka!


What? You never seen a hot girl licking a big poo ball? Relax! It's only a termite nest.

A tiny little tired Mayan.

Brrr!

Enjoying some potato empanadas, chicken, rice, and howler monkey fillets (ok, not really).

It was always nice to come back to a nice clean room and a new little friend after a long hot day in the sun. Towel sculptures rule!

There's always that bittersweet moment when you have to go home...

Good times and lots of laughs and awesome friends...all in all...two thumbs way up!
Oh and for your enjoyment, here's a little clip of our tiny little sweet Brandie whooping my husband's butt in ball:
11 comments:
Ok,if you were in these pictures (actually on the trip) make sure to add some sweet memories of your own.
Wowzers! That is the hottest picture I've ever seen of Uncle Chris! And you look super hot in every one of your pictures, P. That looks like it was such a cool trip. Next time I want to go, too! And maybe we'll even really have enough money to go. :)
Alright-you're forgiven that this post took so dang long. That was the funnest vacation post I think I've ever read. Seriously-you could do it professionally and if I ever make it on another vacation I'm hiring you to do my write-up. Makes me sad we missed the fun-but glad you all had such a blast. btw-you're way too photogenic to even look good licking the termite nest!
What a great trip! Looks you had a ton of fun. And seriously, that is the best picture of Chris I've ever seen. I would show Jared but he's in bed. (Not that he cares what Chris looks like - but I'm impressed!) Glad you had such a great time. What a bummer for Megan and Josh though.
so cool hope you did not bring back the Swine flu. You look great as usual, too bad we are such fuddy duddies when it comes to vacay. love u as always
T
You freakin rock! I am so happy that you had an awesome time! And of course so sad I wasn't there with you!! I love Chris' hot pose in the sunset and open shirt. I need to see you again!!
Yea, I am a slacker, thanks for helping me to go on a mini vacation again. That was sure fun!
Thanks for the pictures and the posts. I was there and I am laughing out loud. Where are we going on the next one?
look so dang fun. When Trent and I went to Cancun last year we arrived on a sunday and waited in line at customs for over 2 hours, seriously horrible.
man i laughed and i cried and i thought of lots of comments but then i forgot them. i like that duffy was saying "go go go" so competitively to brandie in the video. i like that dave was about the knee the shaman in the head. and i tried mostly not to feel jealous because i envieth not, but still. i'm glad you had fun and i'm glad you finally shared it with us.
Post a Comment